Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Okay... I can do this...

Alright... First Post. After fighting with the template for too many hours I am giving up. For Now. HTML is some confusing stuff. I thought I was doing good when I made a website for my computer course, but it's nothing compared to this mess. Anyways...

Today was the first day of school. I'm officially in third year. YEA! It felt great, I'm really stoked for all my classes, and they are:
  • Geog 344: Urban Problems of the Pacific Rim
  • Geog 328: GIS for the Natural Science
  • Geog 383: Physical & Cultural Geography of China
  • Geog 377: Geographies of Development
  • Geog 209: Resource Management
  • Geog 344: Health and the Environment
Unfortunately this is 6 classes... I can only be in 5, and may have to drop to 4 classes so I can work. But I don't want to work, I really just want to focus on school.

Good News, Joel and I talked to an undergraduate advisor today and ended up having a half hour chat about getting the most out of our education. Joel and I have already been planning on doing an honours degree; which basically means we take two extra classes and write an 80 page paper, and graduate with a B.A. with Honours. It looks pretty, and sounds great to potential employers. It also is a first step in continuing on in graduate studies (masters degree and PHD). He also gave us some good pointers on getting connections, because we all know its about getting connections, just as it's about skill.

Basically, the years off to a great start. And the extra bonus is that textbooks are only going to be like $300 or $400, not $1000! YEA!

2 comments:

Hanna said...

yeah for cheap textbooks!

Valerie Comer said...

Hey, it worked! Welcome to BlogLand!