Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Joel's Sick :( and Jen feels helpless!

So Joel has been up all night puking... why? I do not know. This is the second time this has happened in the last 3 months. The first time (after our way back from Edmonton) he got really sick for like 24 hours, we figured it was food poisoning from some gross food at the Edmonton Airport (which I didn't eat.) But yesterday we ate the same things, we grabbed panini's from Safeway on route to our 10:00am class, he ate 2, I ate 1. The second one he ate had bacon in it, and that's the only difference. Then I made a cassarole for dinner, and him and I ate it, and Gemma (a roomie) all ate it. I don't get it!

So he's going to miss classes today, and we're meeting with a guy from our Resource Management lab for a debate we have on Thursday. I hope he gets better quick, because we have lots of research to do, and a small (1000 word) essay due on Thursday too!

It's a really good thing we don't have kids (knock on wood) because I have no idea what to do with situations like this. I just peak in on him, and ask if I can get anything for him. What else can I do? I feel bad for the poor guy.

4 comments:

momdonna said...

the poor boy, give him some flat gingerale or 7 up. a cool cloth on the forehead, or back of neck will also help. get some gravol for the tummy and if nothing else phone your mother. Hope he's up soon

Jen said...

Thanks Mom! He said he's feeling a bit better (maybe its because he didn't have to go to school & there's hockey on!) but I think it was food poisoning. Lame.

Valerie Comer said...

Er...what's this *knock on wood* bit about kids? The Other Mother wants to know!! I thought it was the pg GAL who puked, not the daddy-to-be???

Hugs, to both of you.

Jen said...

I would have no idea what to do with sick kids, Val!