Sunday, September 16, 2007

Yea! Life!

Hurray. As it turns out, my hopelessness from my last post just *poof* disappeared when I got a day off. Mmm, I looovveee days off! I got a whole lot knocked off my [to do] list.

First, woke up without an alarm at 9am. Perfect. Made myself one cup of coffee. (yea that's right, just one. I've successfully cut my coffee consumption by 2/3rd's!) Then I looked through cookbooks and decided what yummy food J and would be eating over the next 2 weeks. The majority of recipes came from an old Anne Lindsey's Lighthearted cookbook that I found in my mom's basement. Yum Yum!

Then around 11:30 I walked over to Thrifty's, the islands grocery store; which I LOVE & where Joel used to work. Well, he used to work at a different location. I forgot how much joy shopping at Thrifty's brings me. At our last place I Safeway was the closest, and I really don't like them much. Why? I don't really know. It's so big and unpersonal, and not local. Thrify's basically specializes in local & organic, and more wholesome food. It's the only place I can find Annies Bernie O's for Joel- no MSG!

Next, was not such a good idea. I called J to come meet me at the grocery store after I was done and we'd walk the groceries home together. Hmm, it was very hard. My shoulders and back are still hurting. But the groceries got home, and put away, and I made a yummy lunch.

Oh yes, and before I went into the grocery store I stopped in a WIN thrift shop, and found a Beaut-iful-in-perfect-condition-Marmot softshell jacket! For $7.50! Huzzah!

Then we rearranged out living room, and by living room, I mean the one big room that's living/computer/beading/fooseball/dinning. The way we had set it up ended up proving awkward, and now it's better.

And I decided I'm starting a new line of jewelry called Love Again using pieces from garage sales and thrift stores. I bought a bag of costume pearly necklaces (like 10 of them) for $4 a few weeks ago, and they're being restrung and revamped.

To finish my great day off, I baked an apple pie. I had homemade pie crusts in my freezer, so I took one out last night, and made a Granny Smith Apple Pie with an oatmeal crumb topping.

And now it's Sunday, and J has a golf tourney with his work, and I have the day to myself.

La.La.La

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Mmm, I love Anne Lindsay. I have three of her cookbooks and I use them a lot. My favourite however is my binder of all my recipes cut out of magazines. :)

Karenee said...

LOL Yay! I'm glad 'twas a good day.

(I wanta grow up and be like Jen! "homemade pie crusts in my freezer")

You're fun. This whole interconnectivity blog thing is pretty nice for families. I'm glad to have the opportunity to at least know a bit about you.

Jen said...

Thanks for that Karen (I think I'm fun too sometimes)! And I really like the blog connectivity too; I've definately enjoyed getting to *know* you and your family (including T.S. Smudge!)! I'm loving posting what I'm thinking about and having a place to share the cool stuff I find online (and then be able to find it again!!)

Mmm, Hanna, I think I'll have to do some serious copying of your plethora of recipes at Christmas time.

momdonna said...

glad to hear that things are getting better. Just remember that life is a bowl of cherries, sometime your in the pits. I'm going to bake pies now for Tammy. It's her b-day and she wants lemon meringue. What are friends for.