Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bah! Life!

Why is life chaotic. The more I try out this adult world the more I'm not a huge fan of it. There's not enough time in the day to do the things I want to do, but it gets sucked up doing those things I have to do.

That is not the way God has intended life. At least I don't think so. I could accomplish a whole lot more if I didn't work. Hmm.

My days lately have been sucked up working full-time (since May, until Dec), sitting at an office staring at a computer for 7 hours a day. And then at home I don't ever want to play on the computer and do the things I want to do!

On top of work, I decided taking an evening Biology course at Camosun would be a good idea. Mostly because my dear friend H is in it, and a course at Camosun is half the price as it is at UVic. And a credit is a credit. But it meant I didn't get home last night until around 10. And then had to leave at 8 to bike to work.

And H and I have a jewelery stand booked at Camosun for the 18th of October. Hurray! But it also means I need to make lots and lots of jewelry. Oh my. Which makes it feel like work. I still haven't done the bead order I was planning on doing for the last few months. So I feel terrible because I've promised to trade beads with Hanna for her making Perizada Designs.

Oh right. And I'm still working on learning to save money. Since I have to or J and go to South America with nothing.

Stressed much??

All I really want to do is hide out in the woods and make everything I need.

5 comments:

Valerie Comer said...

Big huge hugs!

Karenee said...

{{{hugs}}} Well, if the rewards of school and work are great enough, perhaps you will be happy once they're done. Sorry it's so hard!!!

May you notice random surprises from God throughout your days to help brighten your life.

Jen said...

It is true. There are many delightful things, and I see them everyday. Life is fun. Just stressful sometimes. I wish it was easier for me to separate life from work and school, and only fret about those things when I need to.

Hanna said...

I shall join you in the woods! Enough with this silly work thing!

Jen said...

OOh, Hanna guess what! Our new landlords who live above us shall help us in our plans of the woods! First of all, the guy, John is a home designer, which is super cool. BUT- he wrote his Masters in Geog on the communes in the Slocan Valley!!! I have his thesis and am planning on reading it this weekend! But how cool is that when I live with someone who's looked at it from an academic point of view!!

(Check out his website: BC Mountain Homes)