Wednesday, August 8, 2007

We're home... and have a new one!

Joel and I made it back from another surfing trip, alive, sore and exhausted. It was sunny the entire time! Which is unusual for the West Coast- the last 3 times we've made it out this year it's been a mix of snow, hail and rain, rain, rain. And yes, we've surfed in it all.

Needless to say, I'm sunburnt. (I feel like a broken record the number of times I say that). But- Joel is more sunburnt than me! Now that doesn't happen very often!

My surfing skills are improving, I'm getting closer to catching a wave. I really just need to take a couple of lessons and I'll be golden. Joel on the other hand was doing awesome! (Surprise, anyone? No.) He can get up everytime! Jealous Jen! (And a proud Jen because he's pretty sexy looking on a surfboard.)

So our campground SUCKED! It was like a parking lot where they charged people $40 a night to stay. With a trailer for washrooms. Ugh. So we left. Unfortunately the campsite was non refundable (of course!), so we severed our losses and took our friends car up a logging road and camped. It was awesome, I'm never paying to camp in Tofino or Uclulet again. So I guess it was a good thing we camped there?

And GOOD NEWS! We found a place for September, it's a one bedroom basement suite. It's really close to work for Joel (like 4 blocks close!) and a short 15-20 minute bike ride for me. Sweet!! The couple living upstairs own the place and they seem really nice, and the guy lived in Nelson for awhile! Small world, eh? It should work out great!

Besides that, life is good. Work is pretty crazy. I'm way ahead of where they thought I would be, so I've been tasked with a bunch of random mapping work. I love it!

I'll post surfing picks when our friends who went with us send them to me!

3 comments:

Karenee said...

Yay for the apartment! It's always a blessing to find what we need.

Also, congrats on doing such a good job. It's funny how businesses are always so surprised to have employees who go above and beyond the call of duty. Must say, the fact that they have to scratch up random work for you is a great character reflection, IMO.

Blessings upon your move, and God be with you, as always.

Jen said...

Thanks!!

momdonna said...

Amen on finding a place to lay your head, Pray that I will also, possibly again. Any chance of letting your cat move in with you. It always amazes me when people who hire for jobs are surprized that some people are actually there to do the job and do it. Good for you. You said Joel was sexy on a surf board, you are talking about the man you married right, lol, just kidding he is kind of cute.