Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tofino Pics...Finally!

Sorry for the delay on the photo's guys... I was waiting until our waterproof camera was developed, but most of the pictures on it sucked anyways... I guess that's what happens after one's used to a nice digital camera. And I need to wait and use my roommates computer to scan the pics. So enjoy these ones first!

We had a great time, I'm completely sold on surfing. It is by far the best work out I've had in my life. Every muscle was tense trying to hold myself against the pounding waves. Fantastic. It is amazing being in the ocean, feeling all the energy stored and released when waves break. (The 'roar' of the surf is just the extra energy being released as sound. One of my prof's told me that. Cool, eh?)


Some delightful sea anemones!

Clams and Seaweed. Yum!

Oh Joel... doesn't he make you smile :p


Tent City! Okay, the rain was insane!
We had 3 giant tarps covering our site, and we still ended up soaked.


This is MacKenzie Beach at Bella Pacifica Campground, which is where our campsite was.
Jim & Val took us there last year, and we couldn't wait to return!


That is all for now.

I really want to blog more... I have so many thoughts running around in my head all the time that I want to share. Now, if only they made a computer that would write my thoughts....

Joel & I are going to Xavier Rudd tonight!! Ahhh!! I've been waiting for so long! Well, since last year when we saw him last. Check out his music. Listen to the words. You will love him.

4 comments:

momdonna said...

pic's look great, glad you guys had fun, post more if you can. Tell Joel to smile, he's much cuter when he does.

Hanna said...

more more! And I am fully and completely jealous, I wanna see Xavier Rudd! Hey, my dad likes him now too.

Jen said...

Mom- Joel's too hardcore to smile ;) I'll try and post the surfing ones tonight.

Hanna...well, you could come see Xavier Rudd. He's playing at Roots and Blues festival in the okanagan in the middle of August. http://www.rootsandblues.ca/
Come with me!!!

Valerie Comer said...

Yay for camping in the rain and it's good to see Bella Pacifica again. Can't wait to get back there myself one day.