Saturday, July 28, 2007

Garage Sale!

Joel and I had a garage sale this morning. It went really well- we came out of it with almost $200, which is pretty sweet for stuff we don't want anymore! But somehow we still have soooo much stuff. I really don't want to move it, nor do I want to store it. We're wanting to move into a bachelor, or a one bedroom suite. I've had enough of having space. Space just equals stuff. No more.

I was surprised with the garage sale. First of all, our ad said 9am. While we were setting up just after 8, people were already showing up! Seriously people! And when I go garage sale-ing, I look at books. But no one really touched ours! Are people not interested in fantasy series? We purged about half our books, seeing as that the last time we moved we had something like 15 liquor boxes of books. That's just silly. And I don't really re-read many books. Therefore I don't want to move them. And I had my bike out there, and no one really looked at it. Granted, the majority of people who showed up were older, out of shape, collector types. But I really thought I could sell it. I want a newer, speedier, commuting bike.

So all in all, it was a great morning. I love making $, while sitting in the sun chatting with people. It works well with me.

Except now I'm sunburned. But I'm sure that's no surprise to anyone one.

4 comments:

Hanna said...

I'm planning on finding a charity that will come and pick up the stuff I don't want...the diabetes association does that I hear...

Jen said...

I hear they do too. And the Big Brothers and Sisters club, and the Salvation Army does pick up over here. (I've been told they prefer to pick up goods, so they can sort through it before hand, and not end up with peoples garbage.)

Valerie Comer said...

Congrats on the sale! And I can't get over that you got rid of books. Wow! :P

momdonna said...

good job on the sale, just a note; remember how many books aunt has, I think one move counted over 50 boxes of books. Just food for thought.haha