Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Birthday Post 5 Days Late

Wow. Can I say life is crazy? It's crazy for everyone! (See my M-in-L's blog for updates on Steven & Gramma Friesen.) So I did write a post last week (on my birthday) coming back on the ferry from Vancouver. They don't have internet on the boat so I couldn't post it, but I will now...it's just 5 days or so late. So here it is:

It's my BIRTHDAY! I'm 22! Yea! Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to JEN! It is the one day of the year that I can be super obnoxious and Joel has to do what ever I say. Just Kidding, I'm not like that! But almost every sentence I say ends with "it's my birthday." Maybe I am obnoxious...

For the last 3 days Joel & I worked in Vancouver for my Uncles Landscaping business. They needed the help and we needed the money. The experience was great, I loved being outside all day playing with plants! The only sucky thing was wearing my brothers rain gear...he's almost 6 feet tall, and I'm just skimming 5'2". It was awkward & uncomfortable, but I survived. Joel on the other hand got to drive around with my Dad. I worked so much harder! Grrr. Oh well, it was father & son-in-law bonding time, I can't really get too mad about that.

It's been so fun hanging out with my brothers. I love that they're getting older & cooler. We went to Value Village yesterday afternoon and I helped them buy some nice shirts. Every time my dad goes into Value Village he checks out the jewelry for me to see if there's anything sweet for me (to take apart & use). He's found some cool stuff in there, and he's got Eric (my brother) onto it. So yesterday Eric found a cool necklace with pretty blue stones! So funny, I never thought Eric would ever look at jewelry for any reason! I guess I'm that special. (Why? Because it's my birthday!)

Joel & I are heading out tomorrow til Monday to Discovery Island this weekend with a friend and some of his friends. We've been over before, last September, but only for a night, so now we get to explore the rest of the island! Discovery Island is an uninhabited island, only accessible by private boat or kayak. FUN! I've never quite planned something like this before, there's no fresh water on the island, so I really hope we bring enough.

And I have a driver's test this afternoon. If I don't pass than I've wasted $100 & I'll be super bummed.

Yea! It's my BIRTHDAY!


So update post-birthday: I PASSED! I officially have a full driver's license, and it only took me half a decade. Woot Woot! And Joel and I went camping on Discovery Island, I'll do a post later today or tomorrow with pictures for you all to see.

3 comments:

Valerie Comer said...

Glad you had a Happy Birthday! Glad you passed your driver's test! And thanks for the bits about your days in Van. I'm glad it worked out. How'd the job interview go?

momdonna said...

Glad your day was good, and you had a good visit with Eric and Brian. And a big congratulations on the road test, I knew you could do it.

Hanna said...

I wanted to call you. But I forgot :( on thursday and then I left...and now I have no phone...but I do love you and we shall chat soon. And yay for your test! Ha, you're even older than I was!...barely