Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. Maybe it's because I have fond memories of dressing up in hand-made costumes by my mom, or renting costumes from the Capital Theater in Nelson, browsing through racks deciding what I want to be that year. (It's usually something revolving around a princess or fairy...girly and sparkley). This year I didn't dress up, which was sad.

I did however win a pumpkin carving contest, with a coworker. We carved a happy little family of four. Well, perhaps not so happy. One contest we won gift certificates for Tim Hortons, and the other prize is lunch with our Deputy Minister (head honcho). So that will be pretty cool!



I also wrote a poem to go along with it:

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater,
Had a Wife but couldn't keep her
He developed a taste for the kids one day,
So she took the other one far away.


Oh I am cute. And so are my pumpkins!

So yesterday Joel and I went to get our immunizations for traveling. 4 in all, two shots. Joel went first, he took it like a man, no cringing. Then I hopped up on the bench to have mine, the doctor's back is to Joel who's sitting in a chair, and I'm watching him as she injecting me. I see his eyes glaze over, he mumble "oh no, it's happening", his head tilts back and he looks like a rag doll. The doctor gets the needle out of my arm, jumps over to him, tells me to get a nurse, Joel starts shaking, a nurse comes in, Joel regains consciousness and doesn't know where he is for a few moments, and I just stood there in disbelief. It is a scary thing watching your husband pass out and start convulsing. But they got him laid down, gave him some juice, and we both just went home and rested for the remainder of the afternoon. Our arms are very very sore, but now we're immunized. Hurray!

3 comments:

Valerie Comer said...

hey jen this is jim I see some things never change i am still amazed he got a tatoo. have a good day

Jen said...

Hey Jim! Well, he passed out too when he got that tattoo! And he wants another one still.

Hanna said...

I mocked him for years, then when I got my grade 9 shots I passed out and started twitching out. No idea why, I wasn't even scared. So maybe it runs in the family? Also, you are warped.